ACT NOW to save prosthetic care for amputees in the US
Posted on 5th August 2015
We need your help to rescind the DRAFT LCD changes.
Endolite fully supports the efforts being made by the entire O & P community to protect amputees and their ability to access technology to safely meet the demands of daily living. The proposal has the potential to change the lives of every amputee in the US, Medicare or not. We need everyone to take action as soon as possible as there is a deadline looming at the end of August.
Below is a list of actions you can take to assist in overturning this proposal. Remember time is of the essence, and we must respond in mass, so please forward these details to friends and family.
How can you help?
- Use #NotaLuxury in all social media. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Ask amputees, caregivers and other stakeholders to take action at www.AOPAvotes.org this portal will send prewritten letters to the MAC’s as well as House & Senate Reps.
- Ask amputees, caregivers and others to sign the petition. This petition needs 100,000 signatures by the end of August.
- Add the above links to your website and share via your social media channels.
- Send emails to your practitioner and/or patient contacts, friends, colleagues, and referral sources.
- Connect with your local TV stations as well as newspapers.
- Contact your local politicians and ask for their support, regardless of party affiliation.
- Consider attending the public meeting and encourage amputees, caregivers and others to attend as well.
There is a public meeting taking place on August 26, 2015 8am – noon EDT, Airport Square Business Park, 1304 Concourse Drive, Linthicum, MD 21090. In order to attend you MUST register. To do so, go to the registration page and click the “Register” icon on the top right.